Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, August 8, 2013

THAT song, THAT moment

Good morning, lovelies! Today, I am so excited to announce a link up that I will be co-hosting with the gorgeous Leah of Beautifully Molded

Leah is a worship leader in her church. I am determined to hear her lead worship some day (it will happen, Leah!), but in the mean time, I will settle for reading her heart felt words on the topic. She wrote a beautiful and honest post this week called "When I don't feel like worshipping" and discussed how the Lord is so faithful to meet us in moments of worship, even when we don't feel like we're all there

Her post really resonated with me, as the Lord especially moved in my heart during worship this past Sunday. It was an emotionally draining weekend, to be honest. I brought myself to church in a broken state, knowing that I needed the Lord to fill my heart. The tears started flowing before the first set of worship, ya'll. Before. 

I couldn't even tell you what the first few songs were, cause I was too preoccupied with kleenexing the tears before I made my very own puddle. But then, it happened. 

THAT song came on. 

And THAT song is different every time, THAT song is God's way of expressing His love for me when my mind can't possibly understand. 

This time, it was "Oh how He loves us," and oh, how He loved me indeed. It didn't matter that most people wait until second set of worship to go kneel in the front. I brought my teary face and handful of tissues right on up to the prayer carpets, plopped myself down, and sang at the top of my lungs. 

And because I'm not very good at condensing blog comments, I pretty much told that entire story in the comments section of Leah's post. 

She had the brilliant idea that we come together and share the songs that have spoken to us at just the right moment. Because I think we all can agree that THAT song in THAT moment can make the world of a difference. THAT song in THAT moment can remind us who we are in Christ, and why we are here in this world. 

So join us next Thursday, August 15th, for a link up all about the power of worship. 


I know it probably seems like I just shared my moment, but lucky for this link up, I seem to have THAT moment all the time. How easily I forget how much He loves me, and how faithful of Him to always remind me. 

Happy Thursday, friends!

5 comments:

Eleanor Harte said...

How He loves us is the song that played when I became a Christian. It was the song that made me realize that God loved ME. I could cry every time I hear it :)

Pamela said...

Oh I love this!!

Kiki said...

What a great link-up idea! It wasn't until this past year that I've felt God really speak to me through worship music (and even a few secular music lyrics!). God's timing is perfect and I know that it's never a coincidence when that perfect song comes playing through our ears. :)

p.s. I LOVE that song, Oh how He loves us. That song is so moving and such a good reminder that He really does love us--for who we are, not who we were and who we aren't.

Leah said...

can't wait, can't wait! how He loves us is one of my favorite songs. so powerful!

Anonymous said...

Aww this is a great idea! Music is such a beautiful way that God speaks His truth to us.