Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Your Questions Answered - Family & Faith

Continuing on with answering your questions from this post and Instagram, and today's topic is family and faith. Here we go:

The wonderful Hanna asked Do you want kids someday? How many? And, are you still dating? 

Yes, I absolutely want kids someday! In high school, I used to say that I wanted 5 kids. And honestly? I would still totally be down for that. I definitely want to make sure that I can financially provide for all of my kids, but I trust God with that one!

I imagine they will look something like this:


{For those newbies around here (hello!!), that would be my 8 year old mini me of a sister}

As for the last question, no, I am not currently dating right now. I go a little deeper on that right here. Truth be told, I am really enjoying this time to dig a little further into myself and my relationship with God. I have complete faith that the right relationship will come at the right time. 

And then bring on those 5 kiddos. 

Kidding. 

Kind of. 

L asked What do you have a God-given passion for? Which of His promises do you hold onto the most? 

First of all, this is such a fantastic question. Thanks, L! :)

When I have to describe myself, passionate is the first word that comes to mind. I am so dang passionate about so many things. And that in and of itself is a gift from God that I am so thankful for!

One of the things that I am most passionate about is making people feel loved. Whether it's meeting up with a friend to get caught up on their life, giving a compliment to a stranger, or giving someone an extra tight hug, I am extremely passionate about showing people that they are loved. That they are valued, and that they are cared about. 

And which of His promises do I hold onto the most? Hm, there are so many good ones, aren't there? I would say that lately, I have been clinging to the fact that He is a good God who has good plans for me. The more I understand this, the less I worry about the future, and the more I learn how to truly trust Him. 

Anonymous asked What is your parents' religion? Is it the same as yours? Why or why not? 

Great question! My mom was raised Jewish, and my dad was raised Catholic. Growing up, we bounced back and forth between temple and Christian churches, although I never remember too much consistency. I even went with a friend to her Catholic after school program for a bit, so I got quite the well rounded exposure to different beliefs!

I have a hard time classifying my parents' "religion." I honestly think you would have to ask them! If I had to guess, I would think that my dad associates with Christianity, but it's a bit more complicated with my mom because of her heavy Jewish background. 

What I can say, is that my parents are very supportive of my walk with the Lord. All of my family members believe in God, so I feel very free to talk about what He is doing in my life. When my mom, dad and sister were visiting this weekend, they came to church with me. It was super sweet to worship the Lord with my both my family, and the church family that has 100% changed my life. 

Hope that answers your question :)

Anonymous asked Do your parents know of your struggles?

I would assume this is referring to my eating disorder, and yes, they know of that struggle. This was very much a personal battle, though. I wouldn't say they played an active role. 

Hilda asked How long does it take you to drive from Santa Barbara to San Diego?

If I leave in the evening or early in the morning, I can get back in about 3, 3 and a half hours. If I leave during mid-day on a Friday, it takes more like 4, even 4 and a half hours. Dang you, Friday traffic!

It's worth it to go visit my family, though :)

Heather asked What is your favorite book of the Bible? What is your favorite Bible verse? 

Romans is my all-time favorite book in the Bible. It was the first book that I ever read start to finish, and I read it at the high school youth retreat where I first met Jesus :). It was a trip to Catalina, a small island off the coast here in California. I will never forget sitting in the beauty of God's creation, and reading the words that spoke so clearly to my heart for the first time. 

My favorite Bible verse is Romans 8:38-39. 


And I'll leave you with that truth for your Tuesday! Hope yours is fabulous. :)

7 comments:

. said...

Yeah, there seems more traffic now everywhere but on Fridays it seems the worst. So happy that doesn't stop you from visiting your family. So beautiful! thanks, Amy, for such a wonderful friendship and your love for us all. God bless you always! **many hugs

Heather said...

Oh I love your favorite verse! It's so powerful and true!

Caitlin said...

Loved all of these answers! Definitely helped me get to know you a little more and oh my goodness your mini-me, I just can't get enough of her! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the answers. I am pleased that you found God. Your little sister is adorable! I love that she is wearing a cross of Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Your little sister is so adorable! She really is a mini version of you. My dad was raised Catholic as well, but my siblings and I only went to church a few times. I love these Q&A posts.

Kerrie Williams said...

i like this series Amy! I'm loving getting to know even more about you! I can't wait for our deep chats in September!!

Melissa said...

Love this. :) Didn't know that about your parent's religion. Love that they came to your church and that they are supportive of your faith! :)