Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let's call it a bump in the road, shall we?


Yupp, that's right. This girl's a bit crippled, and will be for the next 6 weeks. 

What does that mean, exactly? 

It means that I have a stress fracture. No fun.

It also means that I can't run in either the Mud Run or the Half Marathon. Also no fun. 

Am I disappointed? That's an understatement. But here's the time where I have to practice what I preach. The whole focus on the good bit? This is where that becomes a challenge. 

And I like me a good challenge. 

So what else does this stress fracture mean? 

It means that I'll be focusing on my diet for the next 6 weeks, something that I've been trying to do for the last 9 months. But with working out so much, I became wayy lax with my diet. So it's time to switch things up, and pay a lot more attention to what I'm putting in my body. 

It means that I'll be focusing on my faith for the next few 6 weeks. I have complete faith that God is in full control at this point. I recognize that my identity lies in Him, and I think over the past few months, I've been letting things get in the way of our relationship. I definitely feel like this fracture is a blessing in disguise, a reason to devote more time to my relationship with God. 

It means that when the time is right, I'll start hitting up the gym again by focusing on weight training. Especially the abs region, stomach flab: you are no longer welcome. 

Basically, there is definitely a lot to be disappointed about. But, I have 6 weeks to focus on other things, and I fully intend to make the most of them. 

Also, to all of you who sent tweets/texts/instagram comments my way yesterday? Thank you. It meant more than you know. 

**Also, Happy Birthday!! to the most amazing Dad that I ever could have asked for. I love you so, so much!!**

10 comments:

Mosby Hardin said...

I am loving your positive outlook on this girl! Keep it up and the 6 weeks will fly by! You can do it!

jes @ twosmuppies said...

that positive outlook will heal you in no time ;)

Rebecca O said...

Ouch! I am so sorry! I am so proud of you for finding the silver lining and deciding to put your priorities elsewhere for the next few weeks!

PS if you talk to the people at the Mud Run and 1/2 Marathon, they should give you your money back and take you out of the race!

Jennifer Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog. New follower :o)

Elissa said...

you have the good attitude down! seriously, way to look at it! Even if it is partly still trying to convince yourself to look that way, you are doing a great job. I would say you're making some lemonade! And when this is all over the experience will help you in the future! love you girl!

Linnea said...

I'm glad you're looking at this in a positive light. Happy healing to you girl!!

Emily said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to read about your road bump! But you're right - just think about all the great things you can do with this time :)

Dana said...

Hey girl I went to UCSB too! Go Gauchos!

Kate Sparkles said...

Sending lots of happy, healing thoughts your way, but I can't believe how well you are handling this and how positive you are! But you are so right on every count and sometimes it does take something not so great to make us stop and realize what else needs to be worked on.. If that makes sense?

Julie said...

You are so inspiring with your outlook in this situation! God obviously has a plan in store for you for these 6 weeks, and it's so awesome that you're recognizing all the good things you can do with this time! :)