Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Banana Bread

This recipe is courtesy of my roommate, Kelly's grandma. 

I've never personally met her, but she makes bomb banana bread. 

Enjoy!

Banana Bread


Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
3-4 mashed bananas (blackening)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 7 ingredients together. 


2. Add chopped pecans and chocolate chips.


3. Pour into baking dish. 



4. Bake for 1 hour. 


And you're done! It's amazing. Next time you've let your bananas get a little too brown to eat (somehow we always seem to have an abundant supply on hand) turn it into this delicious treat. 


After work, I'm headed out of town for the weekend (shocking, I know). Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Whim Wham Life said...

yum yum yum! so good! I just bought bananas yesterday, so I'll have to wait a bit until they are perfectly ripened:-) Then it's go time! xoxo

Rach said...

Oh girl, that banana bread looks amazing!

Daisy said...

Oooooo, I LOOOOOOVE banana bread!
I will definitely try this recipe, might even do that this weekend!