Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, April 20, 2012

Routine

Do you ever get really tired of the same routine? Whether it's a daily one, weekly one, or a monthly one, do you ever just feel the need to cut yourself some slack and rebel against the structure? 

Well, that happened to me this week {in more ways than one}. 

It's just been getting a little repetitive. Work M-F, 8-5. The same gym classes every day of the week. The same week night commitments. And the same weekly blog posts. 

Trust me, I enjoy my job. I really enjoy the gym. I like playing on a softball team, and I really love going to Community Group on Thursday nights. But it just seems like it's the same routine, week after week. 

And I'm a creature of habit, so that's okay with me. But here on my blog, I don't wanna become committed to routine. If there's a post that I'm really feeling, I don't want to feel like I can't because I have to post about something else. 

I want to feel free to post a deep post if I'm in that mindset, or a funny one like this. So I'm sorry, but it's time to say hell to routine. I'm gonna start keeping it real, and posting whatever's on my mind. 

Don't worry, you can still expect flashbacks, they just might not be always on Fridays. 

With that being said, I wanted to write about passion today. I used to be the girl that was always looking for the relationship, and if I'm being honest, I don't think it really mattered who it was with. I wanted the relationship because I craved the passion. 

Well, I'm happy to report that I don't think I'm that person anymore. I think I've finally realized that I can find passion myself, and here are some things that I've been passionate about lately. 

- My faith




- Blogging, duh.

It's been so much fun exploring with different books, different recipes and then coming back to share them with you guys. I love writing about my faith, and I definitely want to get more creative with my fitness posts. This blog was created to document my 20s, and I want to remember how it felt to realize that I don't need anyone else to enjoy this life. That I am independent enough to find the passion in life myself. 

They say you have to stop looking before you can find the right person, and I believe that. Because from my experience, when you're looking for the right person, you can convince yourself that anyone is the right person. 

So it feels good to know that I've finally stopped looking. That I'm content right here where I'm at. 

And with that, I leave you with a bomb ass pizza recipe. Enjoy. 

Apple, Goat Cheese, and Pecan Pizza


Ingredients:

1 (1 lb.) six-grain pizza crust
I just used Trader Joes wheat pizza dough, a fav in our house
Cooking spray
3 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1.5 teaspoons honey
2 cups baby arugula
3 tablespoons chopped pecans


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices evenly over pizza crust; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown. 

3. Combine oil and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 6 wedges. 


Per Serving (Recipe yields 6):

316 Calories
11.2 g Fat
11.3 g Protein
43.2 g Carbohydrates
3 g Fiber
15 mg Cholesterol
0.7 mg Iron
419 mg Sodium
77 mg Calcium

It was so, so good. Perfect mix of fruit, cheese and pizza. Can't go wrong there!

Sidenote: A huge thanks to Vicki for making my social media button. Now you can follow me on twitter, facebook, bloglovin', formspring and instagram. Basically, this is my invitation for you to stalk me. It's cool, I'll stalk you back. 

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Yum!
I think I might make a binder with all your amazing recipes. Once we are settled into the new house I'll definitely be trying out some of these.