Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, April 12, 2012

March Birchbox Review + Liebster Blog Award

This month's Birchbox was a definite success in my book. I randomly got chosen to receive the Teen Vogue box, and I was a big fan. Here are my thoughts on my samples:


Not A Fan:

There was nothing in this month's box that I was not a fan of. Win!

Indifferent: 

I was indifferent towards #2, the Twistband Hair Tie. I would say it held my hair pretty well (which says a lot, considering my hair is seriously thick), but just not sure it stood out that much compared to normal hair ties. 

I liked: 

I liked #1, Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel, and #3,  Annick Goutal Petite Cherie (perfume). The Peter Thomas Roth Gel was meant to absorb shine and minimize oil, and I definitely noticed a difference in my skin. It didn't feel quite as oily throughout the day, which was awesome! I've never invested in mattifying gel before, but if I decide to, then I'll be picking this up for sure. 

The Annick Goutal perfume smelled awesome. I was a huge fan, but not a huge fan of the $85 that it cost. I'll probably be sticking with my Victoria's Secret Heavenly:


I loved: 

I loved #4, Essie Luxeffects, and #5, Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint. The Essie nail polish is great, and when I saw that it was only $8, I was immediately sold. It looks good as a top coat:

St. Patrick's Day nails

and by itself:


This nail polish will definitely be coming in handy. I also loved the lip tint, and was desperately in need of some color for my lips.




The color was a bit pink for me, but I would definitely look into a different shade.

There you have it folks, my March Birchbox review. I just got an email that my April Birchbox has shipped, so looking forward to that!

Now, for the Liebster Award! I mentioned earlier this week that the Lovely Daisy from Lovely Memories awarded me this blogger award. She is the sweetest! Go visit her and tell her I said hello! :)

The rules are that I am supposed to pick 5 up and coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) to award the Liebster Award to. I cheated a bit and have picked 4 bloggers that I would love to recognize. 

They're all pretty awesome, so enjoy:



-Kelsey blogs over at A Girl Named Kelsey. You might know her sister from Kristie Was Here, and let me tell you, great blogging must run in their family. Kelsey has an amazing back story, and will be moving to Las Vegas soon to plant a new church. Jump on the bandwagon, and follow her journey with me!

-Karli is the lovely author of Farmer and the Bell. This gorgeous gal is so sweet, and I love following her stories about her and her hubby. I get all inspired seeing her updates of how they are putting their house together, and maybe one of these days I'll get around to doing the same. 

-Michelle can be found over at Mish Lovin' Life. Be warned before visiting, that her blog might have you laughing out loud in your cubicle (oh, you don't read blogs at work? yeah, me neither). Not only is she hilarious, but she's training for a marathon and lives in my gorgeous hometown of San Diego. Basically, she's pretty cool and you will love her. You're welcome. 

-Kate is the writer behind My Very Own Happy Ending. I love that Kate keeps it real at her blog; I can relate to so many of her posts. The one thing I can't relate to, is the fact that she lives in Australia. Jealous! Go follow her journey of wedding planning and living the 20-something Australian life, you won't regret it!

Here are the rules for passing along the Liebster Blog Award:

-Choose 5 up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers.
-Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
-Post the award on your blog.
-Link back to the blogs you are awarding so that everyone else can pay them a visit. 

That's all for today! Hope you make some new friends with the fabulous bloggers listed above. Happy Almost Friday!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

I loooove Tarte LipSurgence! They are limited on the color selection, but I have several of them and I'm always looking for ways to make the color work just so I can use the awesome product.

PS: Hi!! Love your blog, my friend. :-)

Kate Sparkles said...

Oh thanks for passing the award onto me!!
I am so envious of all those gorgeous looking products, we don't have anything lime Birchbox here :(