Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chili-Lime Shrimp Recipe

The weekends always seem to fly by, especially when there's one less hour involved. Hope everyone had a great weekend! I finally got to try this shrimp recipe that I've been dying to make, and it was seriously good. Other than the deveining of the shrimp (so glad you taught me how to do this, Mom!) it was really quick and easy. And delicious. If you like shrimp, this is a must try. 


Chili-Lime Shrimp


Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup onions; coat onions with cooking spray.

2. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and chili powder; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring occasionally. 

3. Remove from heat. Add lime juice, butter and salt, and stir until butter melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions. 

Per Serving (yields 4 servings):

186 Calories
7g Fat
27.5g Protein
2g Carbohydrates
0.5g Fiber
267mg Cholesterol
4.3mg Iron
644mg Sodium
67mg Calcium

I had my shrimp over some quinoa, and it was deelicious. 


Happy Fit Club Monday! As usual, gotta work harder this week on making healthier eating choices. I somehow managed to lose a pound last week, which just goes to show me that if I step it up and eat healthier, I will see results. Wish me luck people. 

4 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm wishing you LOTS of luck! That recipe sounds delicious! I'm saving it to my recipes folder for future use. I think I may even have some shrimp in the freezer! I'm a shrimp lover.

Ok, we've gotta take the word verification off your blog. I mess it up every single time! They made it harder and it hurts my eyes!!

Impulsive Addict said...

IT'S GONE!!!! YAAAAY!!!!

Daisy said...

Ohhhhh my favorite food! I LOVE shrimp and this recipe looks devine.
Wil let you know how it went when I try it out.

Pam said...

OMG! I just fixed this for dinner! I tweaked it a little. I added asparagus & portabello mushrooms and served it over brown rice. The one thing about this that I didn't like; there are NO leftovers!!! I guess that is good, but now I don't know what I will have for lunch tomorrow! :(
Thank you for sharing and can't wait to try more!