Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Challenge

Not too long ago, I stumbled upon the gorgeous Kerrie's blog, The Williams Post. After only reading a few of Kerrie's posts, I was instantly inspired. This is someone who has truly devoted her life to her faith, and I hope one day people will say the same thing about me. 


I've been a Christian since high school, having asked God to come into my life when I was 15. I recently rededicated my life to Him, finally learning what it means to fully surrender every aspect of my life to my faith. And you know what? It feels amazing. I feel different in so many ways, and truly feel the Lord transforming me. 


Recently, any time I get into a conversation about Jesus, I can go on for hours talking about His love. He is my favorite thing to talk about, and I feel myself light up when I have the opportunity to. 


Because of this, I was so excited to see that Kerrie is starting the Tuesday Challenge, an opportunity for me to talk about the work that God is doing in my life, while participating in weekly challenges that help me live out my faith.  This week's challenge was to pay for the person behind you at a drive-thru, and of course, I did this in true Californian style:



I even snapped a photo of the car behind me:


When I asked to pay for the car behind me, the girl asked if I was doing this for Lent. No, I said, this is a challenge to share God's love. 

She thought that was really cool (Props, Kerrie!).

To be honest, I think I was a little awkward. I realized the man behind me would learn that I paid for him while we were both still in line to get our food, and for some reason, that made me nervous. I was almost hoping that I would get my food before he would find out. 

But he did find out before I got my food, and as I was driving away I noticed his smiling, waving, thankful face in my rear view mirror. 

I laughed at myself for ever feeling awkward. 

I'm excited for the Tuesday Challenge, because it's already helping me get out of my comfort zone, and just share my love for God with others.

Actually, let me rephrase that. It's not my love for God that I want to share with others, it's His love for us. His love has transformed me, and has helped me find a foundation of real happiness that I know can never be taken away. If I can help even just one person feel the same comfort and encouragement that I feel, well that would be absolutely amazing. 

Through each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me,
and through each night I sing His songs,
praying to God who gives me life. 

Psalm 42: 8


Tuesday Challenge

6 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

I love this! What a great story from this week's challenge! I love that you got to have some personal connection with the person you bought for, even if it was through a rear-view mirror. I know how you felt, I was so nervous myself!

thanks for linking up :) I'm so glad you shared!

kelsey. said...

This is really neat-I love this tangible way of showing God's love. You write this story so well that I can picture the whole thing in my mind.

I'm gonna check out Kerrie's blog now.

Mrs. Match said...

That was a sweet thing to do! I recently gave away a big coupon at Safeway that I wasn't going to use, and saved a lady $25 on her groceries. I felt weird giving it to her but she was so grateful. Made my day!

Stacie said...

Isn't it great to be able to bless someone by doing something so simple? When eating in restaurants with waitstaff, we have been known to tell our waitress that we are about to bless our food and ask her if their is anything that we can pray for for her, you should see their faces light up and their needs pour out. Very humbling.

Allyson said...

This is so sweet! I need to go to a drive thru soon so I can actually do the challenge. :) your story turned out really neat. :)

Oliviaaa said...

you should become involved in this: http://www.myshineproject.com/2012/02/new-project-pass-it-forward.html ... it's a more accountable way of what you did! :]