Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh Hey Real World...

So I guess I am officially a blogger now! Now that I don't have any more homework to do, this should be a way to fill the extra spare time. Not to mention, a great way to document some of the best years of my life. I am so fortunate to have just graduated from UCSB, and landed a great first job here in Santa Barbara. If I'm being perfectly honest, I really had no plans of staying here. Having my family in San Diego, I saw myself moving somewhere south of here to be closer to home. But with today's economy being the way it is, nobody turns down a full time job offer out of college. Especially one with a great, fun and successful company in a beautiful place like Santa Barbara. After starting my first big girl 40 hour work week job, I took another big step and signed my first lease without my parents. Adult status? Yeah, it's a little weird. I have two of the most amazing and fun roommates that I could have asked for:

  

I sure am enjoying my transition into the real world while living with these two. I just turned 22:


which means I've officially reached "adult" status. I may have thought life after 21 doesn't have it's perks, but I have to say that I really am loving life right now. I didn't think things could get better after college, but they have, and I feel so lucky for it. Hopefully, having a blog will force me to take more pictures and be better about documenting this new phase of our lives. I want to be able to look back and remember all of the great times that we're having. Well, that's it for now. I'm hoping I'll be good about posting on here, but no guarantees yet :)


Cheers!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

I love Santa Barbara!!

Kerrie Williams said...

Wow Amy! That really IS so adult! I wasn't anywhere NEAR that at 22! What huge steps. So glad you have so many girlfriends to share it with and I LOVE looking at all your fun times :)